I live and breathe marketing & community building + my purpose in life is to leave a positive impact on those around me and the community :)Get to know me :)
I live and breathe marketing & community building + my purpose in life is to leave a positive impact on those around me and the community.Get to know me :)
I am a Sydney-based marketer with many years of experience working with startups & larger organisations. I first started in digital marketing & partnerships in 2013. I hope you enjoy learning more about me personally and my professional career :)
I help startups and larger businesses with growth marketing consultancy – this can arrange for anything from Facebook Ads, SEO, PPC, Copy, Content Marketing, Email Marketing, E-commerce and much more.
Over the years I have built up my marketing repertoire across many key areas. Not only marketing, but I am super passionate about building startups + consulting to companies that are innovative and strive to create real positive value in the world.
I have previously built Australia's #1 coding school and also founded Australia's largest growth hackers community + run successful growth hacking events in Sydney. During these events I have arranged & attracted Australia’s & the world’s top growth marketers such as Neil Patel, Aaron Agius, Josh Fecther, Sean Ellis & many others.
I love giving back to the community and continually learning and striving to become a stronger T-shaped marketer.
I always strive to always be super positive in my life and support friends and family whenever I possibly can.
I have experienced some awesome things in my life from travel, work, friends and family experiences.
However, I've had my fair share of personal mental challenges and bad experiences with business/personal circumstances which I have sometimes found myself in a dark hole (and many of you would have to). Despite all this, it's important to live life to the fullest and I try to do so everyday.
Some things I remind myself each day:
1. For every action, there’s an equal opposite reaction
2. Have a positive perspective as much as you can
3. Respect people's opinions and have an open perspective, even if sometimes you disagree
4. Make sure to live in the present as much as you can, without stressing about the future
5. Live and let live - don't force agendas on others
6. Be flexible with your goals - don't have too many 'large' goals
7. Just smile to a stranger - it never hurts anyone.
8. Just have fun with whatever you're doing - otherwise, why the **** even do it? :)
9. Trust your gut instinct - most of the time it will be right
10. Look after your mental health. It's not weak to speak.
I have been fortunate enough in my past years to have met many successful entrepreneurs, technologists, billionaires & incredibly talented growth marketers & designers. More importantly, I am also fortunate to call many of them friends & to also create mutually beneficial relationships to help with our respective careers & businesses. I also have numerous mentors & thankful for all my mentors past & present.
I have met 1000’s of founders, CTO’s, Head’s of Engineering, development managers, CMO’s, growth marketers & other C-suite executives over my years in the development community and my continuous work in the startup and marketing communities.
I continually strive to improve in my everyday work. If there are key lessons I could pass onto those who and when I mentor, or those who want to create impact, these 8 lessons I remind myself each and every day;
1. Everything starts with your customer
2. Keep it simple: don't overcomplicate it (I'm guilty of this)
3. Test small and fast
4. Know how to tap their network
5. Don't wait for permission or someone to validate it, just make it happen.
6. First impressions do count, but you won't nail a first impression every time (and that's okay - you're human).
7. Know how to tap their network
8. Have Fun! If it's not fun, why even do it? :)
As a self-taught marketer, someone who is obsessed & always striving to become the best marketer I can be, I follow & I’m inspired by some of the world’s best marketers & business leaders.In relation to community & network, I’ve been lucky to meet 4 of my idols which are included in the photo on the right; Neil Patel, Sujan Patel, Aaron Agius & Sean Ellis.
In addition, I’m also a fan of Nichole Elizabeth DeMeré, Brian Balfour, Guillaume Cabane, Violeta Nedkova, Joanna Lord, Sarah Bird, John Egan & Andrew Chen.
I'm super passionate about the work I do and also about living life to the fullest. My family and friends are my top priority.
My manta in life, both personally and professionally, is to always have fun... because if it's not fun, why even do it at all? :)
I've helped many startup founders, business owners and growth marketers with growth marketing advice across an array of disciplines. I love meeting new people so will be very happy to have a a chat and help you out for the price of a coffee :)
PS. No I don't run a newsletter (there's already enough haha). Buying a coffee for me would be amazing though :)